Post Your Ideas or Suggestions for PvP Servers Here!
By iBermit_CEO
I think it needs to be addressed that the lack of say in the defendant's appeal on the forums is astonishing. In a trial proceeding in a court of law, the defendant is allowed a defense fitted with lawyers who ask pressing questions about the regard in matter. There is no such place for that in a discussion appeal on the forums. This has sprung from an appeal I had to a mute given to me, where my slurred dialogue from my speech impediment was taken for a racial slur, which is not only humiliating in a community like Pandahut's but it is also emotionally damaging considering the fact that, in my opinion, I am innocent. The pressing issue is not my mute however, because I know down the line the admin will pay for his actions in the future, but it is the need for a better democratic process in how the appeals are pursued by staff/officials on Pandahut forums. I believe that the appeals should be taken more seriously, needing more through analysis and examination of the events that took place and, most importantly, hearing the defendant's side in some sort of verbal discussion or voice memo. I also believe that the idea, innocent until proven guilty, is not seen anywhere in the Pandahut servers. The voice of an admin should weigh just as much as the voice of any other player on the server, as we are all human being with equal voices endowed by our creators. Many others would suggest that multiple parties (more than 2) should view the appeals that proceed on this server, including the players voice as well, just as a jury would in a court of law. I feel that this would heavily benefit the players on the server as they will be able to provide reasoning on their innocence and rehabilitate themselves in the process. I hope I am clear in what I am trying to demand/suggest, as the admins reading this may well just look over my ideas and just say "That's a great idea!"
By Freezeman
I used to be a staff member, and while I have no idea regarding the circumstances of your mute, but writing out your appeal already does the "Hearing the defendants side", as well as the staff member giving you a staff sit to explain why you are being punished, as well as to hear your side. Because you can type out a defense. Innocent until proven guilty wouldn't really work because being banned is sort of being found guilty in my opinion, and trying to appeal your ban is like attempting to overturn your conviction, which you don't get the "innocent until proven guilty" for. This isn't a courtroom, and the admins make their own standards, which I think are fair. There's no witnesses, Logs that show everything that happens on a server don't lie. Yes the staff member can bring in the victim to the sit, but their testimony in the long run isn't needed because logs show what really happened, and who did what. Frankly, the staff are also pretty lenient in my opinion and sympathetic to people in appeals, especially if they apologize or if they're a first time offender or something. In the appeal you can prove if you got falsely banned or explain why you did what you did or if you think the ban length/time was unfair and want it reduced depending on the seriousness of the offense, and the admins will decide if they should do nothing, reduce your ban time, or lift your ban and get it off your record. Having a jury would be a process that would be too slow and it isn't needed, plus having a third party is also a bad idea since there is no way to ensure jury impartiality, which could be unfair to both the admins and the players put on trial. Like I said, this isn't a courtroom, the admins run the server and if you break the rules, you have to deal with the consequences, and you can try to appeal, regardless if you should have been banned or not. Plus, even if we could ensure jury impartiality, it wouldn't make sense for this type of situation anyway, and the subject of being banned is a small matter. Trust me, the admins deal with a lot more than banning people on a day to day basis. No offense, but I do have experience as a former staff member, and this is my opinion. Your idea, while it is good at its heart, is flawed, because it would slow things down and would not be a good process, because of how easily it could be exploited and how hard it would be to enforce.
Outspace liked this

GET ACCESS TO CUSTOM KITS & COMMANDS!