You can talk about the Unturned servers here!
By Arashi_tlk
So I've been following the Trello just about everyday, and I noticed Nelson is adding Candian Bills to the game this next update tomorrow, 5 , 10, 20, 50, 100. I was wondering, can we actually make these bills face value for buying and selling on the economy? Of course, I'm not sure how often they will drop, but it would be cool to find a bill and sell it to the shop for the same value.
Last edited by Miku on November 5th, 2015, 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Misleading Title
By Miku
The bills could sell for some money obviously but I don't know how much bamboo they would be worth. We have to figure out the rarity of these items before assigning a price to them. When they come out they might just be worth 1 bamboo= 1 in game dollar. So 5 dollar bill = 5 bamboo
By Arashi_tlk
Well yeah, that's what I was getting at. Face value being what the bill says equals to what they would be worth in bamboo. As for the rarity, that would be the question at hand, if they could be worth face value or not. Because if it's easily acquired, we don't need to make people rich just from the added bills lol. So I agree if they can be found quite often, then they shouldn't be worth the same. And if anyone asks why they aren't face value, we could always claim it's because of currency exchange rate xD.

I can really see the money being a good way to exchange goods on a vanilla server, I just don't see it being worth much on the Pandahut servers other than just selling it to the shop. Not many banks around to keep the money safe after all lol.
By J011yR4nch3r
Well, if ATMS or cash registers are powered, you can take money from them directly, meaning that someone could set up base inside a bank or some building with cash registers, a generator, and some other people and farm the money. ATMs tend to give 50 and 100 dollar bills, so anyone who wanted to farm money could do this by powering an ATM, now that it is interactable. As for rarity, this would mean that the money is not extremely rare, because anyone could obtain it in basically whatever town/city they are in. Also, random money sometimes drops from killed players even if they had none in their inventory. Not sure how this will affect the shop price of this money, but hope this helps!
By Arashi_tlk
Yeah I didn't expect it to be so easy to get the bills. I was thinking it was gonna be a bit rarer, or would just be dropped from zombies every now and then or found in the banks from time to time, not just power an atm and take money from it with a genie lol. Sucks because I would of thought it would of been something cool to find rather than farm it.
By J011yR4nch3r
Yeah, I watched some videos on it and tested it. Zombies do drop it occasionally as well. Though there is a slight cool down for some inter-actable items, farming could become a problem. Not sure if there is a max amount of cash you can take from ATMs however, but if there is, then that problem could be resolved. We might have to test that out or ask Nelson on twitter.
By Mushy
My vote is to keep the in-game cash economy separate from Pandahut's bamboo economy. It's way too early to make a call on linking the two. Their inflation rates will fluctuate at different rates, making it unfeasible to keep up with their exchange rates on a constant basis. Let's wait and see what Nelson has in mind for Unturned's in-game economy. It was implemented very recently and will likely be expanded much further.

GET ACCESS TO CUSTOM KITS & COMMANDS!