Get Help from RP Staff here!
By TomatoChunks
In a recent rule change, bandits, kidnappers, and cops can now kill any player who pulls a "weapon" out during a robbery, kidnapping, or arrest. I was just wondering what items would be classified as a weapon. I would assume a katana is considered a weapon, but would something like a flashlight be one too since it also can be used to kill someone? I think there should be an addition to the rules where it either lists every item that is classified as a weapon or adds a definition to what a weapon is.

Here is where the rule change was made: https://pandahut.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=24025
More specifically this part: https://gyazo.com/aa3963745b8c7df5f3e974d73a66c8ed
By Cookie
Anything that you can hold and directly deal dmg to players is my understanding of a weapon
By MattCobra
If it can damage you, it counts as a weapon. Doesn’t matter if it’s a paintball gun or RPG. Throwables also count HOWEVER I would be careful because you don’t want to shoot somebody for pulling out a smoke.

Hope that helped!
By Aren
anything that can cause damage/harm to a player will be counted as a weapon. A melee weapon/gun/shootable object is a WEAPON. You can kill for it since our last rule only said "gun"

if you need any further help/clarification feel free to quote me/pm me/dm me on discord so i may explain further if you are still wondering about this rule change
By TomatoChunks
If it can damage you, it counts as a weapon. Doesn’t matter if it’s a paintball gun or RPG. Throwables also count HOWEVER I would be careful because you don’t want to shoot somebody for pulling out a smoke.

Hope that helped!
So if your premise is "If it can damage you, it counts as a weapon", then wouldn't that also make fists a weapon since they can potentially hurt someone?
By Aren

Hope that helped!
So if your premise is "If it can damage you, it counts as a weapon", then wouldn't that also make fists a weapon since they can potentially hurt someone?
underneath "common sense" it has to be a wieldable item. If he punches you by all means he is free game to kill
By NeedlessMemeing

Hope that helped!
underneath "common sense" it has to be a wieldable item. If he punches you by all means he is free game to kill
What if he punches to say, get out of being cuffed? Usually that's an easy way to evade arrest, (when they are cuffing, punch and pull out a gun because they'll be stunned) so could I shoot them?
By Social Skillz
We must take this up with the Supreme Courts!
aka its anything that can do damage besides your fists
By TomatoChunks
What about if someone equips a sentry? It can not hurt someone by itself, but if it's placed in an area that has a working generator it could potentially be very deadly if a gun is put in it.
By MattCobra
What about if someone equips a sentry? It can not hurt someone by itself, but if it's placed in an area that has a working generator it could potentially be very deadly if a gun is put in it.
Well, 90% of the time, arrests happen in public meaning that, if you placed a sentry in public you are breaking RP Rules. I will investigate the sentry in their own base scenario.

GET ACCESS TO CUSTOM KITS & COMMANDS!