Post Your Ideas or Suggestions for our RP Servers Here!
With all due respect back I feel the RP staff have been suffering and suffering from extended periods of time moderating. Lets give an example for this, lets say you mushy were moderating for 4-5 alone and the longest time you had off-duty was 10 minutes then after those hours you call for other staff and take a break, not 15 minutes in to your break you look at the discord and yeah, two people are calling for mass Kosers on both the servers. New staff could have fixed that problem before it occurred or even helped you during that time moderating.

Maybe put a new system in place for applications;

Instantly declined (when you decide all the applications, no questions asked)

Debatable (see below)

Instantly Accepted (when applications are decided ((reccomendation from at least 2 RP Admins? ))

debatable would include the interview of the sender, people are usually better at talking then writing, this is of course if they do have a microphone.
I suppose you mean that the Staff App requirements have become stricter, as opposed to improved. I understand your point :P

I'll forward this to Ragna and Dutchy. We should have a talk with them about it.

We really appreciate your desire to make things better and we understand that this is an issue we must solve ASAP.
JeanP103, i4sheep liked this
We've always tried getting new staff but it isn't simple as we do not want to hire the wrong staff which would cause mass disruption to our players, we did notice there are some recent staff issues and I will work onto adding new staff and ensuring our staff members get on the servers. This'll be worked uppn this entire weekend, thank you for the suggestions.
i4sheep liked this
We've always tried getting new staff but it isn't simple as we do not want to hire the wrong staff which would cause mass disruption to our players, we did notice there are some recent staff issues and I will work onto adding new staff and ensuring our staff members get on the servers. This'll be worked uppn this entire weekend, thank you for the suggestions.

Hire me Rag!
Not to offend you or Dutchy I feel this is the wrong approach towards the problem ( http://pandahut.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=12256 ), it plays off as desperate. Shouldn't we be using those graphic designers such as Enigma to produce posters or giving incentives such as a bamboo reward of ($25,000?).

It would also be nice to teach the staff it isn't all about the promotion, if your active and doing a good job then your doing well :angelo:

If you need to chat on TS about it I'll probably be on it in 30-40mins after I test my new mic, better than the old tin can I had hopefully :-)
We are not attacking the root of the problem. We need to know why staff (like me, for instance) goes inactive/don't want to be staff anymore/steps down. I can start a whole thread on all the bad things about being a staff. Saying to ourselves that recruiting more staff will solve the issue is quite delusional.
Helena liked this
If you want my honest opinion. I'm an active night mod, always taking 9 hour moderating shifts with no break due to the time of night. I also have college, plugin developing, and generally just having fun. One of the biggest things for me is always expecting to get on every second of the day, but also due to my sleep schedule, expecting to get on for several hours. That's point one. Point two is when you get on to role-play and your the only mod on, the only role-playing you end up doing is acting out the scenarios to one of the other players to explain how he kos'd a guy. I see how lowering mod application standards could help, however rags point stands. If we get a lot of trials, they wont be able to do much due to the commands they have access to, however we still have to train trials. If they out number the mods then its like a children's daycare. Moving to your point lox, where mods shouldn't focus on promotions its about knowing your doing a good job regardless.... yes and no. People want to be rewarded knowing their doing a good job, many mods have quit because they didn't receive a promotion they deserve. We already have rewards yes, however being promoted brings genuine satisfaction to the moderator as well as lets them know they did a good job. Promoting mods also makes the other mods want to do better because we may think we're the next ones getting promoted and it hypes us up. Then again you don't want a super-mod or RP Admin who's inactive or not experienced enough to do the job.Not to mention 'im a dual mod tackling both PvP and Rp. at times even when 'im the only mod on a rp server i may have to attend a call for pvp, so by the time i come back i'm looking at logs for 30mins and have already banned 5 players for masskos. It could also be bad do to the competition it could potentially create. I don't necessarily have a solution nor problem. I come speaking to my higher ups, and the community; about the problems of being a mod, as a mod in hopes they can take something out of this and improve it. I didn't come here to rant, this is simply my input.
I don't think we need staff it's the lazy staff members we have I'm not lazy I'm a almost 4K hour mod I've seen what happened trust me on this one I see some staff that get on when you ask them to but some don't ik there busy but when I see people playing other games and don't care about the mass kos I'm up until 2:00 at night and I have school I have tests I can't be doing this pls pass this around maybe they will understand. Thanks for you time

GET ACCESS TO CUSTOM KITS & COMMANDS!