Post Your Ideas or Suggestions for our RP Servers Here!
By Bird.
It's funny, the issue that you pointed out with chat is kind of the opposite. Rich text chat (which is what our chat messages are stylized as) does not fade away. This is a bug with the game that Nelson cannot fix, and we need to use rich text chat messages to be able to color the roles but not the name and such.

https://github.com/SmartlyDressedGames/ ... issues/396

The proper behavior of chat messages is that they should fade away, I think you can turn this off in settings, not sure though.

I think the problem with the KOS is more that in Seattle and high-density areas people/buildings are just too close. The reason why the raid zone style system exists is that it's a lot easier to enforce and for players to use then if they could only kill people who tried to interfere or only kill people who came into the base. The community has voted against changing it time and time again.
Hey hey, this is what I mean by the "colored text" not showing up when you aren't in the chat; It does this for anything colored in the chat that is a "notification".
Attachments
i.png
whilst out of chat
i.png (114.74 KiB) Viewed 843 times
h.png
whilst in chat
h.png (133.65 KiB) Viewed 843 times
By Bird.
"short amount of information you get on first join." It clearly states "visit pandahut.net/rp and read the rules" so it's on them for not knowing the basics of RP.
I understand that. While it may be "on them" for not reading all of the rules, most players who join the rp server just to rp probably don't think they NEED to worry about the raid section, seeing as "it's an rp server, whats the worst that could happen".

It sucks, but you and I both know 50% of the server's player-base probably didn't read through the entirety of the rules when they first joined.
By Miku

Re-announcing the raid would require even more plugin work which would cause harsher lag lines and make RP even more of a hassle and maybe even unplayable to those with low-end laptops and the such.

Having a circle/effect around a raid zone also would just increase lag however the idea of showing a raid-zone on the map is plausible.
None of what you said about Plugins is really close to the truth. Besides that having a circle/effect could possibility hurt FPS but very minorly.
The work the plugin does has nothing to do with lag lines or nothing to do with client performance.
Most of the work PluginIR does is Threaded, if you think of a computer like a bunch of little workers, Unturned's Core (Networking, Updates, etc) runs one of those workers. PluginIR mostly runs on a separate one of those workers and simply talks to the game.

If a plugin does more work, it does not directly lower the performance of a player. Sure, it can do and spawn things that could. But in itself, if RP was constantly in a loop where it logged every single step someone took, they themselves would feel none of that, besides actual Server lag. If anything, the past few years have proved that even more. RP used to have a lot of issues with the fact that plugins would use non-async MySQL and block the entire main thread until it responded, and now literally everything is threaded/async and there is very little actual server lag issues, only low player FPS/lag zones thanks to unturned's coding itself.

Even now, the most recent Mass Disconnects that happen rarely are mostly because of using Unturned's single-threaded Networking with more then one thread, kinda like if one of those workers was writing down something on a piece of paper to send to everyone, and then another worker came over and wrote barricade information on it and everyone got this corrupted-garbled barricade info, and disconnects themselves because they cannot load in the content. This is a problem we have found a solution for and have mostly implemented as of recently, I haven't seen it happen per last 2-3 days.

The reason why lag lines exist isn't the server. The map is divided into a bunch of Barricade and Structure regions, like minecraft chunks. When you move into a new area, your entire client is frozen until it finishes loading in all of the region. Nelson has said he does eventually plan to fix this (https://github.com/SmartlyDressedGames/ ... issues/936).
By Liona

Re-announcing the raid would require even more plugin work which would cause harsher lag lines and make RP even more of a hassle and maybe even unplayable to those with low-end laptops and the such.

Having a circle/effect around a raid zone also would just increase lag however the idea of showing a raid-zone on the map is plausible.
None of what you said about Plugins is really close to the truth. Besides that having a circle/effect could possibility hurt FPS but very minorly.
The work the plugin does has nothing to do with lag lines or nothing to do with client performance.
Most of the work PluginIR does is Threaded, if you think of a computer like a bunch of little workers, Unturned's Core (Networking, Updates, etc) runs one of those workers. PluginIR mostly runs on a separate one of those workers and simply talks to the game.

If a plugin does more work, it does not directly lower the performance of a player. Sure, it can do and spawn things that could. But in itself, if RP was constantly in a loop where it logged every single step someone took, they themselves would feel none of that, besides actual Server lag. If anything, the past few years have proved that even more. RP used to have a lot of issues with the fact that plugins would use non-async MySQL and block the entire main thread until it responded, and now literally everything is threaded/async and there is very little actual server lag issues, only low player FPS/lag zones thanks to unturned's coding itself.

Even now, the most recent Mass Disconnects that happen rarely are mostly because of using Unturned's single-threaded Networking with more then one thread, kinda like if one of those workers was writing down something on a piece of paper to send to everyone, and then another worker came over and wrote barricade information on it and everyone got this corrupted-garbled barricade info, and disconnects themselves because they cannot load in the content. This is a problem we have found a solution for and have mostly implemented as of recently, I haven't seen it happen per last 2-3 days.

The reason why lag lines exist isn't the server. The map is divided into a bunch of Barricade and Structure regions, like minecraft chunks. When you move into a new area, your entire client is frozen until it finishes loading in all of the region. Nelson has said he does eventually plan to fix this (https://github.com/SmartlyDressedGames/ ... issues/936).
k

GET ACCESS TO CUSTOM KITS & COMMANDS!