Post Your Ideas or Suggestions for our RP Servers Here!
By WyattL
Currently, we have a vote for the mayor which dictates the laws of all of Washington. Washington is not a city, and as such, should not even be a Mayor. I propose the present Mayor system be moved to a Governor, while a new mayor is added.

The Governor can create state-wide laws. They would, as they presently do, have authority over the entirety of Washington. The new Mayor would have authority inside of the city they are elected in. Mayors, like Governors, will have a term length of a month. They will be elected at the same time as the Governor. They would be permitted to issue search warrants inside of the city they are elected in. They can create city-wide laws. They cannot override any state-wide laws. (i.e. state-wide laws take priority.) The city-wide laws would be subject to the same restrictions as state-wide laws. Seattle, Tacoma, & Everett would be recognized as cities at all times. Any resident of the city may run for mayor in the city, provided they are not actively running in another city, or for Governor. If a player-built area acts as a city, as BH City at Kent Racetrack was formerly, they would be able to apply/request a permit from a RP Administrator to be able to classify as a city and hold a Mayor. They cannot be dictatorships. Pandahut is communist- Washington is not! The previous perks of the Mayor (i.e. townbal, taxes, etc.) should be moved to the Governor. The mayor's perks would include: Can build an extra base (like the governor), can build a toll booth inside the city (like the governor) has the RP shop of the decorator / constructor (like the governor), can pardon prisoners jailed inside city limits (aka /jailover). They are, authoritatively speaking, the same level as a Police Captain. Police Captains serve under the Governor directly, and are considered equals to Mayors (cannot boss each other around). Mayors however, may boss around deputies and below inside their city limits. The city limits for all purposes outlined in this document are defined as 100m from the nearest prefab. Special borders may be specified for player-built cities.

Revision:
- As a additional perk, there will be one exception to the state/city law considerations. Cities will be able to pass a law prohibiting death sentences. Next, while this is probably going to be a massive coding pain, I propose that cities can have taxes (i.e. 10% of the current tax goes to the city, 90% to the governor, or 100% to the governor outside of a city) and licenses, for the three major cities, should allow for 75% to go to the governor, and 25% to go to the mayor. This would seperate /statebal and /townbal. There would additionally, as implied above, be a restriction on being the mayor of multiple cities, or the governor & mayor of any city.

If anyone has any ideas for perks of the new mayor, let me know and I will add them to the post.
Last edited by WyattL on June 12th, 2021, 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Chooi Kok
+1, would be fascinating to see this play out from an RP aspect. as a potential perk for governor maybe add kill warrants back into the game (probs not gonna happen but it's worth a shot) ?? or allow the governor to pardon/commute sentences of convicted criminals.

GET ACCESS TO CUSTOM KITS & COMMANDS!