Community-Created RP Guides, Tips and Tutorials!
Welcome to my bandit guide, where I try to give you some tips and tricks for a bandit to use in certain situations. I got the idea from the police guide, so I thought, hey, why not. This guide does only covers the robbing subject at the moment, but hey, it's better than nothing.

Robberies
Robbery is the art of agility. You have to type commands and warnings very quickly, while at the same time calculating what your victim will do ahead of time.

- Choose your weapon well. For many PvP-servers, a perfect gun for some player versus player action would be an assault rifle or a sniper. However, many fail to realize the niche art of robbing. Many times, the best gun for a robbery is a cheap shotgun. Robberies are always close range, one click from a Masterkey and your victim has his head blown away quickly. It's the most quick and effective way of shutting down your victim.*

- Always try and rob targets with their weapons currently down. That way, when you initiate the robbery, you can shoot the victim when you see him reaching for his gun, giving you much more time to react to gunfire duels.

- Be smart with your warnings. I cannot stress this enough: A panda that has mastered the way of PH RP's warning system is a a successful panda in all situations, most notably in robbery. Keep your warnings short and concise, they should always contain only the most important info. The more words, the more you have to type in world chat/voice chat. A really smart panda might even have a document filled with warnings that he/she can copy and paste. (Thank you, T-Moist!) Always try to keep the 10 second cooldown of the warnings. Therefor, Ideally, a robbery should be finished in less than ≈ 30 seconds.

- Choose your place of crime well. This one should be obvious. Rule of thumb: Never raid in alberton or Seattle unless you really know what you are doing. These cities on #13 and #10 respectively are heavily crowded with their daily doses of strollers each. Since anyone can kill a robber in a robbery, you should either rob outside of these "RP towns" or lure them away to a distant part in the town where you think you are hidden.

- Choose your partners in crime well. Successful high-risk robberies are almost always done with groups of bandits. This requires delicate treatment as well. Only one in the robbing party should be warning, with the others backing him up if he is writing in chat.

* It's worth noting that robberies might turn into a chase. In that case, an assault rifle might be good as a plan B. But this won't happen often, and you will probably notice that the victim is running before the victim is out of range.

Please leave some feedback/suggestions about what I've covered so far.
Last edited by yhtapmys tsol rm on April 7th, 2017, 12:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
By tMoist
This is great. Some things I would like to add. My weapon of choice would be the Vonya, an assault shotgun. This is mainly because not only does it have an auto firing mode, but it is the only shotgun found in airdrops. And for warnings. I always have a seperate window open with two tabs, one an airdrop map, and another a doc called "Unturned Copy and Paste." You can guess what that is. Yep I have all my warnings and stuff down there, in order to quickly copy and paste. And I always have a spare nightraider for long range if I'm found in a long-range situation.
Helena liked this
By Helena
This is great. Some things I would like to add. My weapon of choice would be the Vonya, an assault shotgun.
>robs guy
>guy runs very far
>guy contemplates the robber shooting at nothing in the attempt to kill guy
>lmao

Nice election tho

I don't have a document with my warnings to copy or paste i only create them when i join the game. I always make sure the warning 1 goes at the end so every time i paste it i only have to delete the last number and change it
By tMoist
Heeeeeey I do the Warning last to edit quickly as well...

GET ACCESS TO CUSTOM KITS & COMMANDS!