Community-Created RP Guides, Tips and Tutorials!
By ACerealBowl
RCMP/Police guide "SIMPLIFIED"
This is a more simplistic/easier to understand police guide for newbies.
This is not an official guide.
Note: Most things taken from Jean's guide:
http://pandahut.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=84&t=9510

Arresting

There are many things you could arrest players for. Some include:
⁃ Unlicensed Guns
⁃ Explosives
⁃ Berries
Read Jean's guide for a list of reasons you could arrest someone.

Pretty much to arrest someone you do
/arrest name reason
To assist someones arrest do
/arrest assist "Cop that's arresting"

How to arrest successfully

There are 2 types of roles
⁃ Neutral
⁃ Bandits

Neutral roles are roles that you can arrest normally.

Bandit roles are far more dangerous. If you arrest a bandit any other bandits may kill you on sight. You may not shoot any other bandits unless they shoot you first.

You can check players roles by doing
/checkrole name

If a person has a gun out while you call an arrest you must give them 3 warnings with a 10 second time span to put the weapon down. If the player being arrested does not comply you may shoot and kill them. If that player getting arrested shoots for any reason you may shoot and kill them.

If a player has there gun down it is way easier. If they pull a gun out you may shoot and kill them. It is ideal that you wait till they have their gun down before arresting them.

Going through a scenario

Theirs an explosive expert that you saw had explosives on him.

The first thing you want to do is wait till he has his gun down. Ask him him a question or try to make yourself seem off duty or as if you were not going to arrest anyone.

Once they have their gun down make sure you have /arrest player explosives
copied to your clipboard.

When you call the arrest tell him to put their hands up. If he does not do so give them 3 warnings with a span of 10 seconds each then you may shoot and kill him.

If the player does comply with the arrest and puts his hands up handcuff him and ask him to enter your vehicle. If the player starts wiggling give him 3 warnings to stop. If he stops and then wiggles a minute later you count that as warning 2. If he breaks out of the cuffs kill him. If the player jumps out of the vehicle you may kill them.

Take him to a jail or any other place were you can lock him up.

Once your there tell him to drop all of his items including clothing/backpacks and anything in his hands section.
Remember they could fit a gun in their hand slot. Do /checkplayer when they say their gun is down to make sure they don't have a gun. If they do and their denying it give him 3 warnings again and kill him if he doesn't drop it.

Once he dropped everything do /trash
and put all of the illegal items he had in there. Pick up his weapons but DONT trash them; put them in your inventory and return them after the arrest is over. Then uncuff and let him pick up the rest of his items.

After his jail time is up you uncuff him, give him his guns back, and let him free.

Congratulations you made it though your first arrest!

For a more in-depth guide look at "Jean's" police guide under RP General Topics -> RP Guides or just click this link:
http://pandahut.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=84&t=9510

For a video tutorial click here:
Danny Dog, tMoist, Doc Night and 2 others liked this
By RageQuit
Guys he forgot one part don't arrest RageQuit aka me unless u want to die on 13
By Loxtonjoel
Congratulations you have done your first ban!
Hmmmm
By ACerealBowl
Congratulations you have done your first ban!
Hmmmm
lol is that part of your guide XD I have never read it :P
By RageQuit
Apples that's for 10 only because of i4sheep and I know u know that law very well
By ACerealBowl
Apples that's for 10 only because of i4sheep and I know u know that law very well
You can arrest for nudity of both servers. I just listed a few reasons to arrest someone.
By JeanP103
You can arrest for anything you deem illegal as long as you intend it to be a part of RP and you will not be discriminatory with your actions. **

If i see you arresting 1 player for nudity but you let pass by 4 others that are nude as well... your ass is grass my boi and your job as a police officer...isn't going well.

If a cop arrests ya for unlicensed and doesn't do so for the next person he sees... same thing applies, be consistent with your law-enforcing.

**by discriminatory I mean you cannot target people or 1 person for the same reason or just because they are that person because by the time you're doing this either one of two things is happening: Police baiting or youre going out of your way to ruin the RP experience of another player.

GET ACCESS TO CUSTOM KITS & COMMANDS!