Community-Created RP Guides, Tips and Tutorials!
By Outspace
Another tip is that server restarts reset all cooldowns. This means kidnapping, KITS, role changers, everything. Auto server restart is at 9am. You can do your kits just before and just after restart, or get a free role change in. It's a neat little trick I've been using for years during any server restart.
TomatoChunks liked this
By Curmudgeon
Instead of relying on builders, invest all your exp into construction and building, then go to kennewick farm.
Use crafting to get everything you need for a building.

This is especially helpful for police who desperately need prisons to /jail and receive bail payments.
Mr AJ liked this
Instead of wasting bullets or time on destroying a fence, jump over or Walk around.
Last edited by Pablo Escobar. on October 29th, 2020, 4:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
This might not be a very good tip but it’s what I’ve seen. Whenever you join the server say something small like “hey guys” “hello” something like that. Eventually people will start responding back, when people see a group welcoming a person they get interested in you. This could help because people will try to get close to you to see what you are about. This ties in with MattCobra’s tip for making connections. Hope this helps someone
G3r4ld1n3 liked this
Lets bring this back strong with a more general piece of advice.

Drama is something that occurs in RP all of the time. It's not inherently bad, and can generate a lot of good things by keeping people motivated to try new things. Conflict builds certain kinds of RP and drama stems from this.
People need to be capable of balancing this, and deciding whether they want to argue and reach toxicity or not, and this has led to a lot of people being pushed or leaving the community. Try and take a step back and look at whatever situation you are in, decide how seriously you are going to take it, and commit. As a player on RP you should never reach the point where you are getting banned over drama, and should carefully read the rules to prevent it from escalating to that point.

At the end of the day there needs to be a healthy balance of conflict not being pushed too far in order to have a great time. Raiding someone and kidnapping their group is fine, but calling them names and witch-hunting them is not.

Again this is a very vague thing, and take it as you will, but it is something I have observed on RP for a long time. Feel free to take the game seriously, but don't go too far.
By Matty
How to be a Decent Roleplayer

I know coming from me and my past history this would be the complete last person you would turn to for advice. But after having many staff in vanish follow me around for the past few years, I think it forced me in a way to learn how to prevent drama in game. It kind of changed me.

It's always good once in a while, lets say after an arrest or rob, to let the victim tpa back. Make sure you respect eachother, say GG, make sure that it's shown that it's nothing personal, that it's all role play.

Give new players a chance. When I first made BlackHats, I made sure I had the best of the best, only a few with low hours on unturned could join. But the majority would be 1000 hours minimum. Now, I don't mind how many hours, as long as they seem trustworthy and have a mic, know the rules, etc. It's always good to give those new players a chance of playing with you, or with your group. Because you are giving them game experience that will help them get better in the long run.

Although one may look like a koser in the middle of the street with a farmers hat and an eagle fire, you never know what their intentions are. This means you could change their thoughts on the server as a new player, maybe give them your car, (Not guns) and some items that might be useful to them. Maybe that will change their mind if they previously had the intent of just mass kosing, to actually roleplaying, you'd be surprised of how much little things can do.

And for the Drama topic that Outspace mentioned above, I 100% agree. It reminds me of the FBI vs BH era, sure lots of sits here and there trying to see how we could get eachother banned, but the best part was the roleplay of seeing how many officers we can kidnap, and how many bh could be arrested. If there is not enough drama, there's no real motive to try. And when there's no motive, there's no roleplay. That is why competition should never be seen as a bad thing. I used to -1 every police application I saw just because I was an outlaw. But now I see it's needed to have high rank police, because if they get bored, there will be no more competition.
Pablo Escobar., Mr AJ, TomatoChunks and 1 others liked this

GET ACCESS TO CUSTOM KITS & COMMANDS!